After hearing Petr Elfimov’s “Eyes that Never Lie” a few times, I knew that I wanted to use the song to thank someone; maybe it would be really nice to do so around Thanksgiving. But then I realized that half of them were going to be sarcastic, so here’s a handful of the sarcastic ones right now.
And yes, I should be thankful for them for the first 2 levels on Maslow’s pyramid and helping with uni costs, but sometimes it’s really hard to see that. Sometimes it’s harder to see anything good if there’s a bunch of pain to get rid of first. I’ll try to post something a bit more positive, but right now I needed to vent a little.
- Thanks for invading my privacy, so now I have to try harder to hide stuff.
- Thanks for discrediting everything I try to say, so now I’m not going to try explaining anything if you’re just going to say “yeah, yeah, okay, we got it, you’re absolutely right.”
- Thanks for turning every 5 second joke into a 20 minute lecture, because now I don’t even want to talk to you anymore.
- Thanks for deciding that I don’t have any mental health issue and I’m just lazy, because now I know you won’t support my decision to get tested at the psych clinic at uni.
- Thanks for telling me to give up my passions as they’re not worthwhile, so now I’ll go out as a soulless robot who has to have happiness reprogrammed inside of me.
- Thanks for threatening to throw me out of the house whenever I have a panic attack, because now I have to hold it inside and wait until I’m alone for everything to explode.
- Thanks for telling me that I can’t sing or listen to music in the house, so now I have to wait until after 10:30 pm to listen to my 8GB of psychiatrist using headphones.
- Thanks for dismissing any successes, so the same goes with #3: I don’t want to talk to you anymore.
- Thanks for telling me that everyone my age is so much more successful than I will ever be. I don’t want to hear any more about how A has a job in California, B is doing research in grad school, and I’m getting a shite job at the pharmacy making something that’s barely $2 above minimum wage.
- Thanks for making my heartrate shoot up every time you call my name, because there can’t be anything good if it’s you calling.
- Thanks for reminding me that no one likes me, because apparently I don’t have real friends, my profs are just being polite as a job requirement, and my SO doesn’t really exist…
Okay, maybe it’s time to do something a bit more positive next time…